Journey of Legends: Luxor to Aswan & Abu Simbel Adventure, Step into the captivating world of Aswan, a once-thriving Nubian city nestled on the east bank of the majestic Nile River, approximately 879km south of Cairo. This land of enchantment beckons with its warm climate, breathtaking nature, vibrant spice markets, exquisite perfumes, and the allure of rare plant islands.
Renowned as the southern gateway to Egypt, Aswan boasts a wealth of archaeological wonders, including the famed Elephantine Island and Crocodile Island. These sacred islands bear witness to the city's rich past and stand as testaments to its enduring role as a pivotal trading hub between Egypt and Africa.
Abu Simbel Temples: A Testament to Ancient Grandeur
Journeying to the western bank of Lake Nasser, approximately 230km southwest of Aswan, prepare to be enthralled by the majestic Abu Simbel Temples. These extraordinary twin temples, constructed in 1255 BC for the revered pharaoh Ramses II and his beloved wife Nefertari, lay shrouded in mystery until their rediscovery two centuries ago.
The larger temple pays homage to three revered Egyptian goddesses and proudly exhibits four colossal statues of Ramses II on its grand facade. In a captivating display of love and devotion, the smaller temple is dedicated to the goddess Hathor, adorned with statues crafted in honor of Nefertari, Ramses II's cherished queen.
Philae Temple: Unveiling the Myth of Isis
Delve into the mythological tapestry of ancient Egypt as you visit the sacred Philae Temple, a breathtaking ode to the goddess Isis. Here, the tales of Isis miraculously resurrecting her beloved husband, the birth of her divine son Horus, and the mummification of Osiris unfold in mesmerizing detail.
Originally built during the reign of Ptolemy II in Egypt's Greco-Roman period, the temple found a new sanctuary on Agilika Island after the construction of the High Dam. Preserved from the ravages of floods, this island sanctuary safeguards the splendor and significance of Philae Temple.
Once adorned with magnificent obelisks that graced its entrance, these timeless symbols of power and prestige were relocated to a garden in Dorset, England, under the watchful eye of British Consul Henry Salt in 1918.
Prepare to be entranced by Aswan, a realm where natural beauty, storied history, and mythical legends converge. Immerse yourself in the wonders of Abu Simbel and Philae Temple, where the echoes of ancient civilizations still resonate, leaving an indelible mark on those fortunate enough to bear witness to their timeless grandeur.
- Transfers by Private A/C vehicle.
- 01 Night's accommodation in Aswan based on Bed & breakfast
- All entry fees for sites mention in the program.
- Above mentioned sightseeing in the program.
- Private Egyptologist guide during the tour.
- Available language: English, Spanish, German & French (other language with supplement).
- All service charges and taxes
- Unlimited mineral water & snacks during the sightseeing.
- Local Sim-Card with internet date per family per package.
- Egypt Entry Visa
- International flight tickets as well as the domestic flight ticket or train tickets if any.
- Any optional tours or Meals or Beverages during the tour or Personal expenses or any services didn’t mention in the itinerary.
- Travel insurance & Banking transmission fees.
Trip Advisor / Online Egypt Travel