Honeymooners' Retreat: Cairo - Sharm El Sheikh - Cairo ,Cairo, the capital of Egypt and one of the largest cities in Africa and the Middle East, is a treasure trove of historical sites dating back over 1000 years. To truly experience its majesty, one would need at least two full days to explore its remarkable landmarks.
The Giza Plateau, located on the outskirts of Cairo, is home to the awe-inspiring Giza Necropolis. This ancient burial site from the Fourth Dynasty (around 4,500 years ago) houses the iconic Great Pyramids of Khufu, Khafre, and Menkaure. These monumental structures, along with the enigmatic Sphinx, cemeteries, a workers' village, and an industrial complex, attract thousands of visitors each year and stand as a testament to the ancient wonders of Cairo.
The Pyramid of Khufu, also known as the Pyramid of Cheops, is not only the oldest pyramid in Giza but also the largest in Egypt. Standing at a towering height of 146 meters, it was completed around 2570 BC and remains an architectural marvel to this day.
Next, we have the Pyramid of Khafre, the second-tallest and second-largest pyramid in Giza. This magnificent structure served as the tomb for the Fourth-Dynasty pharaoh Khafre, who reigned from approximately 2558 to 2532 BC.
The Pyramid of Menkaure, the smallest of the main pyramids in Giza, was constructed as the final resting place of the Fourth Dynasty Egyptian Pharaoh Menkaure. Despite its size, it possesses its own unique charm and historical significance.
No visit to Giza is complete without encountering the Great Sphinx, a legendary statue carved from a single piece of stone. This renowned monument captivates onlookers with its lion body and human face. Stretching an impressive 70 meters in length and reaching a height of 20 meters, the Sphinx bears a striking resemblance to King Khafre.
For an immersive journey into ancient Egyptian history, a visit to the Museum of Egyptian Antiquities is a must. Also known as the Egyptian Museum or Cairo Museum, it boasts an extensive collection of ancient Egyptian artifacts. With 120,000 items in its possession, the museum showcases a representative selection while storing the remainder in its storerooms. Constructed in 1901, the museum stands as one of the largest in the region, crafted by the Italian construction company Garozzo-Zaffarani and designed by French architect Marcel Dourgnon.
Perched atop the Mokattam hills, the Citadel of Saladin stands as a testament to Egypt's medieval Islamic heritage. Built by Salah ad-Din (Saladin) and expanded by subsequent rulers, this fortification served as the seat of government and residence for Egyptian rulers for nearly 700 years. Offering a commanding view of Cairo's skyline, the Citadel represents an impressive military fortification project from its time and remains a preserved historic site housing mosques.
Immersing oneself in the vibrant atmosphere of Khan El-Khalili is a must-do experience in Cairo. This famous bazaar and souq, situated in the city's historic center, originated as a bustling trade hub during the Mamluk era. With its rich history and numerous caravanserais, Khan El-Khalili has become a captivating attraction for both tourists and locals. Here, visitors can witness Egyptian artisans at work, creating traditional crafts and souvenirs.
If you seek adventure and relaxation, Sharm El Sheikh, located by the Red Sea, offers an array of water activities. From exhilarating banana boat rides to mesmerizing glass boat tours, or even the adrenaline rush of parasailing, Sharm El Sheikh promises unforgettable experiences for water enthusiasts.
Cairo and its surrounding wonders present a captivating blend of history, culture, and natural beauty. Embark on this enchanting journey and unlock the secrets of Egypt's rich heritage.
- Meet & assist before the immigration at the airport.
- 02 ways Cairo Airport Transfer by Private A/C vehicle.
- All Transportation Provided by Deluxe Air-Conditioned Private Vehicle
- 04 Nights’ Accommodations at your Choice of Hotel in Cairo on Bed & Breakfast basis.
- 03 Nights’ Accommodations at your Choice of Hotel in Sharm El Sheikh on Soft All Inclusive basis.
- All entry fees for sites mention in the program.
- Day Tour Pyramids, Sphinx, Memphis and Sakkara.
- Day Tour Egyptian Museum, Citadel of Salah El Din, Mohamed Ali Mosque and Khan El Khalili Bazars.
- Water Activity in Sharm El Sheikh.
- Private Egyptologist guide during the tour.
- Available language: English, Spanish, German & French (other language with supplement).
- All service charges and taxes
- Complimentary Wedding cake & Fruit Basket.
- Upgrade to higher category according the availability.
- Local Sim-Card with internet date per family per package.
- Unlimited mineral water & snacks during the sightseeing.
- Complimentary Camel Ride for 10 minutes during Pyramids visit.
- Egypt Entry Visa
- International flight ticket as well as the domestic flight ticket if any.
- Any optional tours or Meals or Beverages during the tour or Personal expenses or any services didn’t mentioned in the itinerary.
- Travel insurance
- Tipping (for guide, driver, hotel bellman ….. etc.)
Trip Advisor / Online Egypt Travel